Build Over Sewer Agreement United Utilities

Each building control agency working under our “protocol” returns all cases where we need a more in-depth construction contract. In certain circumstances, we may issue a retroactive construction agreement if the work has already been done above or near a public sewer. This is only exceptionally the reason. Any inspector who has checked a website on our behalf (either by a local authority or an independent company) will inform us if inspections have taken place and will also inform us of the results, for example if construction is permitted. If you live in an area where LABC does not use the protocol (Cumbria, High Peak and Tameside) or if your certified inspector has not signed up for our protocol, contact us directly via our “Build over enquiry form” (PDF 576 KB will be opened in a new window). This should be possible to damage to the building or extension if: in such cases, the protection measures prescribed by the canal authority in a construction-over contract are inspected by engineers from the canal authority. When a developer works with building control, the inspector checks where a buildover may be needed. If they are satisfied with the proposals and this meets our criteria, they will approve it on our behalf and the developer will not have to contact us for further permissions. If the proposed construction requires not to fit into our criteria or if the inspector has doubts about the proposals, they will cause us to degenerate so that we can speak directly to the developer to give advice and agree on the next steps.

There are certain circumstances in which we must agree on a formal building over agreement. It is a legal document that is put in place to protect sewers/sewers and allows us to access the pipe in case of a problem. If you are planning any type of development, building something new or expanding an existing building, you should check to see if there is anything underground that can be affected, i.e. water or sewer lines. Our real estate research team can provide maps showing the location of our assets. If we agree that you can build public sewers, be sure to provide sufficient access points to the canal concerned (wells and break-in points). Ideally, buildings and extensions should not be housed where they would remove an existing access point. If this is not feasible, we can accept the transfer of an access point outside of the proposed evolution.

If a building or extension is less than 3 m from the middle line of a sewer pipe, and if the pipe is less than 225 mm in diameter, or if the bottom of the pipe is less than 3 m deep below the ground, Manchester Building Control has obtained from United Utilities the authority to approve the sewers, provided that the protection measures provided in the building code are respected and that the work is inspected by the Council`s surveyors. Any inspector who has inspected a site on our behalf (either by a local authority or by an independent company) will inform us of developments that do not exceed the permitted permitting limits, i.e. that construction/extension is a specified length or when the sewers/sewers are particularly large or deep. The inspector will also tell us where the sewers and sewers are, because sometimes we do not have details of the pipes on our mapping systems. We will use this information to update the legally prescribed channel map. Working with United Utilities, we reached an agreement to prevent their inspectors from having to inspect the flow, provided it complies with the construction rules and is within the size/deep limits mentioned above.

0 Responses to “Build Over Sewer Agreement United Utilities”

Comments are currently closed.